Family Birthday Card - Altenew Bold Blossom


Today I had to quickly make a birthday card for a family member. She likes vintage/steam punk, so I tried to see what I could do that would be a little different to show you. Have you ever layer stamped on kraft card stock? I chose to create a very deep red rose with dark green leaves.


In order to get the red that deep, I stamped the red three times on the kraft cards stock using my Tonic Stamping Platform. The next layer is stamped in a mid range brown, and the last detail layer in a dark brown, making the red very deep in colour. For the green, I stamped the mid green twice and that same mid brown for the dark layer on the leaves.

I think these colours hint nicely to vintage/steam punk colours.

The next thing I did was use the Altenew Bold Alphabet dies to die cut out the word "happy". I then popped the letters up, attaching the inner parts back were needed for some of the letters. You can see the popped up parts better in this side view.


Hope you will try to do some layered stamp on kraft card stock, the colours turn out much richer. I had fun trying this out.

I had to make another card today for a dear friend. Be sure to check in tomorrow to view that card.

Happy stamping!






No comments: