Altenew Striped Floral Valentine for Dad




Hello everyone! Today's post is not class related, and I know that Valentines is a bit off into the future, but if I do not post it now, I might forget. Plus there is the time does go by quickly and it will be Valentines before we know it.

One day I was cleaning up my craft area and came across the Altenew Striped Floral stamp set. I wondered if I could make a masculine card using the set, and sat down with it deciding to make a valentine card for my Dad, and came up with this card.


Used Altenew's Platinum embossing powder on the black card stock. It looks better in real life than in the photo. Because I used my stamping platform, I was able to double heat emboss the striped flowers which helped to make the embossing smoother, thicker, and added more dimension.

I also love how the Nuvo Crystal Drops in Ebony Black look on the black card stock.


My heart shaped dies are still packed away in storage, so I had to cut a heart out of the red card stock with my scissors. Again the "for you" is heat embossed in Platinum on the the red (single layer only).


I think that I proved to myself that a person can create a masculine card with flower stamps. It just depends on the colours and techniques you use. I think my 84 year old Dad will like this card.

Thank you for stopping by to have a look! Maybe you will make your own personal challenge to create a masculine card using a floral stamp set...

Tomorrow I will share another MISITI / Stamping Platform & Altenew class, so be sure to stop by again to have a peek.

Happy creating!









No comments: