Happy Birthday to My Youngest Grandson!



Hope your day is going well!

I have a real cute little grandson that will be turning five toward the end of the month. It isn't often when I can go to my own stash of supplies to create something specific for a family member, or friend. I often end up using something I have created for the classes I teach. But I can't very well do that for a little boy turning five, can I?

In my search I found the cute Echo Park Jungle Safari collection, and thought I had better use it before my youngest grandson will not appreciate it any more!

The collection has some real cute stuff in it. I normally am not a sticker fan, but they were a part of the kit and by putting them onto card stock or paper form the collection, and cutting around them, I could pop the sticker up. Had some fun making this for him.

So here is the card...


As a Canadian Spellbinders Educator, I remembered this sweet sentiment stamp, and just had to use it. Who wouldn't want to send their grandson 'oodles of love and birthday wishes'? (Classic Spellbinders Special Birthday Sentiments Stamps)

I also just had to include the sticker "Little Man", because that is exactly what he looks like! A cute little man! Though I understand that my daughter and son-in-law have had their hands full with him. It has been a couple of years since I've seen him last.

Here, in the next photo, you can see the side view and how everything is layered and popped up.


I am still wondering if I should darken the hair of the boy, as my grandson takes after his Dad in hair colour. I just hope I remember to mail it to him! This year I have very much been off on my Birthday card mailing duties, and have ended up sending some cards very late, if at all! Shame on me....

Hope you find some inspiration in this simple card for my turning five year old grandson.

Happy creating!







No comments: