My Five Beautiful Grand-Daughters

-Graphic 45 Secret Garden - Oct Vintage Double Page LO Class

Hello blog friends! It's hard to believe that Autumn is here and soon it will be Winter! In my reluctance to accept the coming of winter, I turn to the beautiful Graphic 45 Secret Garden collection that is all about Spring and Summer. I also wanted to have a layout with all of my five grand-daughters together and another layout of my two grandsons together. Obviously with the Secret Garden colours I chose to create a layout of my five beautiful grand-daughters.


The five Grand-Daughters are from three of my five children. I love them all to pieces. Any way, let's get back to the design of this LO.

I used Kraft and Butter Mints cardstock, Inkssentials Foil Tape Sheets to back and fussy cut the flowers, Tim Holtz Tea Dye ink, and We R Memory Keepers Lace Kerchief  Lucky 8 Punch as well as the Frilly Lace Punch. Also from We R Memory Keepers, I used the Envelope Punch Board to form the illusion of an envelope peeking out that holds a tag to pull out. From Graphic 45's Secret Garden collection I used chipboard die-cuts #2, cardstock banners, Springtime, Leafy Treetops, and Seed Fairy papers; and lastly, Martha Stewart's Large Double Monarch Butterfly punch.

Here is a closer look at the left section of the layout...


...and the right section...


...and the detail close-ups. Here you see the layering of the banners.


You can see the three layers, above, used to build up the banner. Next is a closer look at the envelope flap and tag.


On the left you can see the envelope flap created using the We R envelope board. Since there are so many layers in this area of the LO I decided not to make the whole completed envelope and thereby adding even more layers, so I just used the board to create the flap and attached it behind so that I could still slip a tag in it.

You can also see in the photo above, behind the photo, the lacy circle I created using the Frilly Lace punch peeking out a little here and there.

In this next photo you will see more close up some of the foil backed flowers I fussy cut and the chipboard die-cut I used to create the title of the layout.


You can also see the Monarch butterfly that I inked and doubled with the bottom layer being Kraft cardstock.

Lastly, you can see a close-up of  the chipboard laser cut scroll.


 Thank you so much for stopping by to have a look at my Secret Garden double layout. I can hardly wait to make one for my two Grand-Sons next! Hope you are inspired to pull out some of your spring papers to create a layout of your own.

Happy Scrapbooking!


2 comments:

Tigriswillreign said...

Awwww! Mom, such a beautiful compilation! It's hard to believe that with 5 kids, you only have 7 grandkids. Guess there's still time! ;)

Kim said...

I came across your layout on Scrapbook.com. It is absolutely gorgeous! The type of design I am working towards. Thank you for sharing your ideas!