Spectrum Noir Fun - Animals

-Scrapbook Parade has completed their first round of Spectrum Noir Beginners classes, and now it's time to have some fun!

Time to refine our skills, and still learn a few new techniques. This class is about colouring with dots for a textured look, colouring on paper piecing, and of course a little something easy and familiar too.

These are the two cards for this class.


These stamped images are from the same stamp set from Penny Black entitled "Tiny Wishes". Let's begin with the cute little girl hedgehog.


As you can see he is paper pieced. It takes extra time to do this, but the visual effect is so worth the extra time. And using the markers on the designer paper to add shape and shadow is fun to do.

To colour the little darling, I used the dot method, except for her face. This adds dimension and texture to her prickly parts. I'll get a little closer for you so you can see it a little better, maybe.


Like her polk-a-dot shoes? Well, anyway, she has her main body, arms and face coloured on the main piece of paper. Then, on another piece. I coloured her arm holding the backpack strap, the other pink strap, and the rose in her hat. I cut these out. Then out of the pink diagonal paper I stamped, coloured and cut out her hat. On the light green dotted paper, I stamped, coloured and cut out her shoes, while doing the same with her dress on another patterned paper. Then all these layers are glued over each other to create a bit of dimension. You can see it much better in real.

Here is the card from the side so that you can see the glued layers and the  popped up layers of the card.


On to the easier colouring piece, the cute little hanging mouse.


Tiny things are hard to colour, and this image is full of tiny things. I just love the dangling tiny mouse, though.

Here is a close up.


Here's a side view to see all the popped up layers. You know me and layers. lol!


Well that's all there is to see. Oh, I nearly forgot to mention the paper! I used My Minds Eye Collectable "Memorable".

Here is my practice piece for those taking my class in August.


Thank you for stopping by today to have a looksee, and thank you for leaving your comments too. I still can't believe that I'm teaching this when this only my 7th time using markers. I love the Spectrum Noir markers! I wonder if I'll ever find the time to complete my accreditation! I've been trying for a month now, but have so much to do....

Happy papercrafting!



No comments: