Something Old for a New Vintage Card Class

-came across a stash of Prima Almanac left over from previous classes and there is enough there to create a couple more classes. This is one.

In case you are wondering why there haven't been any posts for a while, I took a week off to get everything out of my craftroom to tidy, clean, and reorganize. It took one day to get it all out, but 5 days were not enough to get it back in to where I wanted it. LOL.A week wasn't enough, but it is vastly improved with only about another two days more time to get it where I want it.

Then this last week I had so much fun having Dana and her family for a week long visit. We were hoping to get some craft time in with just the two of us, but it never happened. It was wonderful to have them all here, and the week went by much too quickly. Would love to have had them for two weeks. Now to the reason of this post.

With summer here and everyone busy doing their summer things, classes are not as many, but I know I suffer from papercrafting withdrawal if I'm away from it too long, so I decided to use this find and create a class for those who might go through the same. - tee hee.

So these are the 5 x 7's I came up with for a class at the end of July.


There were a lot of the die cuts remaining and so I could use more than one if I chose to do so. That is what I did for this first card. I used two to create a dimensional frame by cutting out the center to one of them.


I also fussy cut out two pieces to create the popped up scene. I had great fun with this one. Many in my classes know how much I like to fussy cut and create with the pieces. So when I create a vintage anything, it is an automatic expectation. lol

Here are a couple of shots to better show the layers and pop ups.



Next is one that is a bit more feminine.


For this one I put two different colours of ribbon together, wrapping it around from the back to the front where I had punched two holes like in the wood button and fed the ribbon up to the front through them. Adding the button and feeding the ribbon ends through it, I then attached the charms made with a smaller Prima wood button from the collection along with a laser cut chipboard key and tied two bows using on of each colour with each bow. (peach on one side and black on the other, each time)

Here are some other views.



With the third card I went with more of a 'wow' factor by using more black.


This would make a good sympathy card too.  The dies used here are from My Favorite Things - Leaf-Filled Flourish, and Leafy Flourish.


The last card is much more muted.


For this card I picked out some of the colours in the die cut card matching them with Bazzill Champagne, and Dusk. I used a metallic vintage corner and created a lace flower by weaving a needle and thread along one edge and pulling tight. The Tim Holtz Memo Pins hold the tiny cut out alpha tickets (HB2U - Happy Birthday to You) and has the little peach bow tied around holding it in place. I again fussy cut the birdcages and popped them up. The upper right corner has the lace tab and three large vintage pearls.

Other views -




That's it for this set of cards. So glad that you took the time to stop by and have a look and leave your comment. Oh, I want to let you know that there is a big surprise coming up for you all for sometime toward the end of July, so look out for it!

Thank you for your time and happy crafting!


4 comments:

Vonnie said...

I love these cards... they are beautiful!!!!
Do you do mail classes? I would like to put theses together if it isn't too expensive.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, wow, these are stunning! So beautiful!

Lisa Petrella said...

GORGEOUS creations!! I LOVE all of the layers and fussy cutting!! Really stunning!

sedg said...

Absolutely beautiful cards. I LOVE vintage.