PTI Make It Monday and an Organizing Tip

Seems like I haven't done paper-piecing in awhile so I was inspired to put Melissa's interesting technique to work at this week's Make It Monday.


I used PTI's Road Trip papers and In Bloom stamp set. I masked off the edges on the card before stamping a bit of a border. The flower centers are glittered up with a gel pen. I tied a bit of lace to a vintage pin before sticking it through my dimensional foam tape.

I'm also entering this into Moxie Fab's Gift Tag challenge.

I thought this would be a good time to share how I keep track of my PTI papers. I made it easy to flip through my options before going on a paper hunt by using PTI's Tag Sale #3 and a circle punch (or two).


I used the same principle with tracking my Pattern Packs except I used the coordinating cardstock. So pretty! I love flipping through it.



Thanks for peeking!


{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Kraft
  • Patterned Paper: Road Trip
  • Stamps: In Bloom, Compact Sentiments -- Part 2 (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
  • Ink: Dark Chocolate, Versamark Frost (Tsukineko)
  • Dies: In Bloom, Tag Sale #5
  • Other Tools: clear embossing powder (Filigree), vintage pearl pin (Maya Road), lace (dollar store), Clear Star gel pen (Sakura), Copic BG97

7 comments:

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Dana! Thanks for linking this up to the Gift Tag Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Leigh Penner said...

Great paper-piecing on these, Dana!
And thanks for sharing your organizational tips, too!

Anne said...

Beautiful card and wonderful tip too. TFS.

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card and tag and thank you for the great organization tips!!

purpleflower53 said...

Hi,,,,I love your organization tips. I was wondering if you could tell me how your labeled each tag. Is this something you typed out or did on your computer.
Thanks,,,Stacy :)

Tigriswillreign said...

The "labels" are what came with the paper packs. I just cut them out and adhered. (Two of PTI's patterned paper labels were too big for the tags, in which case I used my label maker.)

June K said...

Thanks for this idea, Dana. I really like the patterned paper pack sample against the solid matching cardstock.