Father's Day Cards

- getting ready for the fathers, husbands, sons, and brothers that are dads

I always love making Mother's Day and Father's Day cards. As a matter of fact I remember that it was the case even as a very small child. But, we're not here for me tell you stories of my childhood. These four cards are for a Scrapbook Parade class coming up in early June. So why don't I show them to you.

These are the four cards we'll be making. To begin, we shall have a look at the card on the left, a vintage look.


You can see that I even did a little something on the inside of the card. For the outside, I used Fancy Pants' "Swagger - Powerful" and Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress ink to colour the pattern paper and age it. The three stamps are "Inspired By Travel" from MFT and stamped with the same Vintage Photo ink.

To get the corners this way I used a 1/2" circle punch and placed the corner in 1/4 of the circle and punched.

For the second card, I again used Fancy Pants' "Swagger - Success" this time.


After die cutting the circle, I edged it with both Weathered Wood and Tumbled Glass Distress inks from Tim Holtz. I used a nib and the same inks to create a water look at the bottom of the circle. The sailing ship is a stamp from MFT "Inspired By The Sea". I stamped it, colored the waves showing at the bottom of the ship and in between the sails, and then cut it out and popped it up on the circle with dimensionals. Here's a closer look at it.


I decided to try and remember how to make a Macrame Sailor's Knot, which took me a while, and use that on the card for something different. I love the look and know that I figured it out I realized that I could have checked on line, silly me. I like it a lot and will do it again and maybe investigate some other macrame knots that could be used on a card.

Here's a close up of the knot...


...and a view from the side so you can see the layers.


For the next card, I wanted to make a square card. This one has a lot of paper layers and popped up layers, and has just a hint of a vintage look.


I really like this one. For this card I used Authentique's "Strong" paper from the 6 x 6 pad with some coordinating Bazzill cardstock. The stamp is from MFT titled "Inspired By Lighthouses". I just stamped it onto the designer paper and love the look. I again used Tim Holtz's Vintage Photo Distress ink for both the stamping and the edging of the paper.


Hopefully you can see the layers here. 

And for the last Father's Day card, I wanted to be a little more playful.


I again went to the Fancy Pants' Swagger - using "Mustache Fever" & "Gallant". Added the pewter brads and used MFT's Die-Namics Tool Charms.

Well, that's it for this set of class cards. Hope that you are getting some inspiration for your Father's Day cards. Thank you so much for stopping by to have a look. Happy papercrafting!


No comments: