Storage Tower...Jewlery Box...etc

- versatile and a good size for almost any use you can dream up



This "storage tower" as Kaisercraft calls it, has so many possible uses, with or without the drawers. And, after white washing the edges, then inking on top of that with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass, and using some of the papers from My Minds Eye Collectible lines, I ended up with a happy and cheerful unit.

The entire unit measures 13 1/2" high, by 7" by 7 1/4".




 You can see in this photo what I came up with for the knobs. I used wood beads and heat embossed them with silver. Then I used embroidery floss to create six little tassels that I pulled through the bead and the hole punched in the front of the drawer using my Big Bite. I pulled tightly on the tassel till it would no longer come through the hole of the bead and glued it under the paper lining the inside of the drawer. There may be some photos that you can see them a bit better.

I have several photos to show so that the unit can be seen from many angles.


Here you can see the Tim Holtz Sizzix die "Hardware Findings" used with chipboard and designer paper to create the 6 hinges used for this project. I didn't have enough brads for the four holes in each hinge, so I filled them with silver Liquid Pearl, and looks just fine.




See a bit more of the top.



A closer look at the inside of the drawers. Once the class is completed I plan to make little dividers for some of the drawers and use this as my jewelry box.



If a person wanted to, they could leave out the drawers and use this as a little shelf unit, or a combination of shelves and drawers. In this next photo I have taken all the drawers out and stacked them next to the unit. This shows that it can stand as shelves alone, and that the paper was cut so that the pattern was matched from drawer to drawer. Without the drawers it could easily act as storage for 6 x 6 pads of designer papers!


Well that's it for this project. Thanks for stopping by today.






3 comments:

Maria said...

This looks beautiful, Sabrina!! Love the papers and colors you chose!

Tigriswillreign said...

So cool, Mom!

Unknown said...

Love this Sabrina! You did an amazing job transforming the storage unit! TFS!

PS ~ Love the new blog look. :D