May's Christmas Club Cards

-fourth month of making Christmas cards in the Scrapbook Parade Christmas Club!

I'm surprising everyone in this class with no bows! Well just two tiny ones, not a regular bow or a fancy one. I've kept the designs a little more simple, but added the fun of a square twisted easel card. Here is the line up.


Let's begin the details with the snowflake card.


This card is obviously loaded with a lot of bling. It does look wintry, don't you think? I really like white, blue and silver together. As I said this a very easy card. It does have a lot of popped up layers which hopefully you can see in this next photo.


Next, I'll show you the deep red and gold Christmas card.


I just love the effect of minute amounts of white in the Poinsettia center, the pearls, and 1/16th inch border, with the red and gold. I used MFT Die-Namics - Poinsettias & Fancy Flourish. I meant to have the flourish lower, but fell out of my fingers and landed where it had to stay.

Here's the side view.


Every layer of the Poinsettia is popped up. Here is a closer look at the flower.


Sizzix Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die By Tim HoltzThis next card I used Tim Holtz's Mini Rosettes Sizzlits not to make rosettes, but a three layered folded tree!




I also shape folded the banner, for something a little different, and added a very light layer of Star Dust Stickles around the white oval and just inside the dotted oval after adding the little White Enamel Accents dots in the brown dots on the paper.

And the side view for this card...


I did think about decorating the tree a bit, but with that dotted paper it would have been too busy.

Now comes the square twisted easel card. This is what it looks like when it is flat and unopened.


Very simple in all white and gold. See, there's one of the tiny string bows I mentioned earlier, hee hee. Here it is opened.


Now you see the second little bow. You can also see that the card opens and sits at an angle instead of straight across. There is plenty of space to write a Christmas greeting in amongst the stars on the base.

I used MFT Stacking Stars Die-Namics for all the stars. Let's take a look at the other sides so that you have an idea how this works.


A little opening is created when the card is open like this, so I decided to take advantage of it and made a dangly paper charm with the gold string and some of the die cut stars, gluing the stars back to back with the string in between them.


So here in the back is the clue as to how this easel card opens with a twist.

Well that's it for the quick run down on these four cards. Have fun making your Christmas cards...to those that have started, lol.

Happy papercrafting!





No comments: