CAS-ual Fridays and Moxie Fab

I was absolutely thrilled and intrigued by the current CAS-ual Fridays challenge to use your own blog header as your inspiration!

I change my blog about twice a year because I get bored but I love my current theme and LOVE the card that I made based on it!


Can you believe it's going to snow here overnight and into tomorrow?? I'm devastated!! As a result, the weather is less than hospitable for photographing paper and so I've returned to my indoor photography setup. This results in a somewhat softer picture but I'll live.  ;)

I went back and forth about adding some bling (as I did with this card) but decided that as is, this card could be used for a masculine recipient. Though, come to think of it, who gives "friend" cards to men??? Oh well, definitely CAS. [Edited to add:] I did go back and add 3 rhinestones around the sentiment...

I took a page out of Kasia's book and used Copics to match the stripes on my blog header. Note to self: Post-it notes don't prevent Copic bleeding, duh!!

I'm also entering this in the Moxie Fab World World Card Making Day Hello card challenge.

Thanks for peeking!

[Edited to add:] This card not only got VIP status at CAS-ual Fridays but it got singled out by Cath on Moxie Fab!! What a fabulous start to a long weekend! ;)


{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Fine Linen, Stamper's Select White
  • Stamps: Think Big Favorites #3
  • Ink: Canyon Clay, Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
  • Other Tools: Herringbone impression plate, scoreboard (Martha Stewart), Copics

15 comments:

Lynn said...

Love this...the stripes are fabulous! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Sabrina said...

Well done Dana! Love how you did the stripes, and great colour coordination too! A wonderful CAS. :) hugs

Mynn xx said...

This is totally awesome and definitely inspired by your blog! Gorgeous CAS design and amazing sentiment, too! :) I hope you'll join me this month at Technique Tuesday! Also, I have a DT call on my personal blog if you're interested--it's for a new challenge starting in January! :)

Kavitha Vadhri said...

nice card,loved the stripes,matches very well to the banner.

Unknown said...

Love it! You got those stripes just right!! ;o)

Michele Gross said...

Oh wow! I just love your card! It's sooo cool!! Glad you tooted your horn with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Kimberly said...

LOVE this, Dana! The colors are wonderful, and I love how you captures your blog header with Copics! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lynn said...

Hey Dana...just a quick note..the star stamps on my card were from the Verve Borderline set. Lynn

Angela Fehr said...

I love your blog header and the way you interpreted it! Very cool.

Wida said...

This is a fantastic card and a winner to me!

Debby said...

You really got this spot on! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

Angie Tieman said...

Awesome CAS card! The neutral and the killer stripe on diagonal, LOVE it! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Brandi said...

LOL! We have the same banner! I about fell out of my chair when I saw your card. Great minds think alike! Congrats on the Cas-ual mention.

Darnell said...

Congrats on the VIP shoutout at CFCC, Dana!!

Virginia L. said...

Woohoo! Congrats on your win as VIP shout out!! Truly truly fabulous, Dana!