Retro Sketches and CR84FN

I'm so thrilled to have actually finished this card in time for Retro Sketches!

A friend had her 4th baby: first boy!


I know my mom will be so proud that I actually went through my patterned papers to find this beauty! ;)

I'm also entering this into CR84FN's current color challenge, although my blue is lighter than the called for denim.

Thanks for stopping by!


{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Kraft
  • Patterned Paper: _________
  • Stamps: Bitty Baby Blessings
  • Ink: Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger)
  • Dies: Take Three, Tiny Tags
  • Other Tools: Rustic Jute button twine, Dark Chocolate button, W1 Copic

13 comments:

Unknown said...

this is perfect! love the baby blue and kraft. beautiful!

Angela Fehr said...

Love the way your sailboat is "moving" through the card.
Thanks for your thoughtful comment on my blog! Made my day!

Karen B. said...

This is one cute, and sophisticated, baby card!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a sweet card Dana! Love the little sailboats!

Sabrina said...

I am proud of you! lol. A beautiful baby card Dana, and I love the way you stamped the sail boats too! Love the colours too. :)

Lynn said...

Perfection...simply everything about it is perfection.

Deborah Frings said...

Oh, this is lovely! I do like the little boat and sweet tag! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Michelle said...

Dana, this is such a sweet card for a baby boy! So cute!

Sue Lelli said...

Dana, LOVE the three windows with the sailboats peeking through! LOVE the stars! FAB baby boy card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Pauline said...

What a sweet card, I love the little square cut outs and the sailboats, a lovely new baby card!
Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

Suzanne Russell said...

So sweet! And clever, I love the peek-a-boo windows. the tiny tag and button are a fun finish!

Safdar Ali said...

What a stunning card...cute design. I have worked for the Print VIP cards company and this design inspire me so much. I would like to try once to design like this, if you don't mind. I appreciate this.

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, my gracious, Dana! This is precious as precious can be! And such a great design!

So sorry that I left a comment for you on one of your Mom's posts. I noticed it said her name at the bottom, but I was blog hopping and tired and not paying attention to the watermarks and whatnot, and lots of times, on other blogs, the person actually writing the post isn't the same as the one whose name is at the bottom. Anyway, I'll pay closer attention ;). Hope you have a blessed weekend! Hugs!