October Monochromatic Cards - Scrapbook Parade Class

Hello blog friends! Today I'll be sharing with you the cards we'll be making for the October Monochromatic Card class that has now been changed to November. Since I'll be away October 13th at my eldest Son's wedding in Phoenix, we'll combine both the October and November Monochromatic card classes on the same day!

I decided to go ahead and show you the three of the four cards for October's class now. I've had the photos for a while, and we were waiting for the order to come in with the back order of the cardstock required for the fourth card. It arrived today, so I hope to soon have a photo of it to add to these three.


The fourth one will be a very soft pink.

For the Violet card, I a lot of velum and tried for a lacy look using a deep edge Martha Stewart punch and My Favorite Things Die-namics Butterflies.


There also is a surprise when you open the card.


The metallic silver card I used on of Spellbinders cut, fold, and tuck dies and tried for a contemporary look.


I used the ScorPal to score the two lines and placed jewels along the lines. After cutting, folding & tucking I used Star Dust Stickles and Silver Stickles to add some bling to the silver. Here's the die cut in a close-up.


The third card I made into a baby card.

I love the paper charms and tiny tags I hung from behind the elephant I stamped and cut out.

Here's the closeup of those details.

 Isn't the little elephant adorable? After stamping and cutting it out, I looped some ribbon behind for a floral effect.  The leaf paper charms and the tiny tags where fun to make.

In trying to come up with something a little different when using an embossing folder, I thought to cut along the pattern line and use only a portion of the piece I dry embossed  which in this case gave me a somewhat zig-zag top.

After attaching the tags and charms, I added the two large pearl pins in behind the ribbon.

The whole time I made this card,  I couldn't help but to think of my daughter Eva, who will be having a boy in December, my 7th grandchild. Babies are just so special.

Well, thank you so much for coming by to have a peek. Hope you have a great week, and of course happy crafting everyone!