September Monochromatic Cards - Scrapbook Parade Class

With Autumn not far off, I think of the deep blue skies, the changing greens, oranges, and browns. So those are the colours I chose for the four Monochromatic Card colours of September's class.


Beautiful colours, are they not!

Let's talk about the the blue card first. Here it is.


To emboss the background on this beautiful Bazzill Bermuda Blue, I used Spellbinder's Nestabilities Splendid Circles (S4-354), every one of the circles to create the circle pattern. Then I off-set it with Hero Arts Cling Large Flower stamped twice with Tim Holtz Distress Stormy Sky ink pad and used Ranger Inkssentials Cut-n-Dry brush lip pen nibs and more Stormy Sky with Broken China to colour in the flower a bit.


I added Waterfall Stickles in the center of one of the two flowers I cut out. The top one I cut to nearly the center of the flower so that I could shape and form the petals as well as have each petal glued down on one side and popped up on the other. Hopefully you can see that in this next photo.


Net we have the changing green of fall as depicted in this next card.


For this card I dug into my bin of green paper scraps and used Cuttlebug's Fall Leaves die set to cut out a variety of leaves from the scraps. I then applied Tim Holtz Tea Dye around the card background edges and the edges of all the leaves. The sentiment stamped with Momento Rich Cocoa is Flourishes Life Lines.


The leaves are both glued and layered with Quick Dry glue and pop-dots. Maybe you can see that better in this next photo.


Now let's have a look at the orange Bazzill Tangelo card. I love the simple design of this card.


This is a simpler card where I inked the edges going more to the center with Tim Holtz Tea Dye and then just a little right on the edge with the actual ink pad of  the Walnut Stain ink pad. The stamps from Stamp'n Up French Foliage (leaves and script) are stamped using Momento Rich Cocoa as well as the "gratidue" sentiment (unknown) on the tag. The leaves were then hand cut out and a little Copper Stickles where used to draw more attention to the leaves.

 Unfortunately the blurry photo doesn't show it off, but I hope you can see some of the script stamp and leaves. on the tag I punched a small circle and then punched a circle in the center to make it look more like a real tag.

And lastly, we have our brown card. I was a little disappointed with the card, as I saw it differently in my mind's eye.


For this card I used Bazzill Carob cardstock and heat embossed with Tsukineko Copper. The edges on the card I applied some VersaMark with a VersaMark pen and covered with the embossing power, heated, and ta da!
The stamps are part of an unknown Autumn set I picked up somewhere. I just love those oak leaves and acorns! Isn't it amazing that I've had ribbon, for a couple of years now, that just happened to match the card!

Hope you enjoyed your visit with us today, and thank you for stopping by and please feel free to leave your comment or ask any questions. Happy Crafting everyone! There are lot more projects to come, and I can hardly wait to post them, ...but I have to finish them first!




1 comment:

Tigriswillreign said...

Some neat ideas here, Mom!