More Crafting With Daughter - CR84FN #57 & CPS 271

We decided to have little more time together crafting, and came upon some more challenges we want to participate in. On top of these two challenges from CR84FN 57 & CPS 271, Dana challenged me to go out of my comfort zone in how I used the colours and to keep it as CAS as possible. I usually like to back all my papers to create an 1/8th or  1/16th inch border around, and of course that adds layers of paper and weight to a card. You'll have to let me know how you think I did.

Here is my interpretation of the challenges.


I'm not so sure the two patterned papers go together that well, but the colours are as close to the inspiration photo as I could get. Also, the pinks are a closer match in real life. I used Beautiful Blooms 2 #1 to create my flower. I snipped between each petal, inked the edges using the Raspberry Fizz pad, pierced a hole in the center, and put the brad through. I then played with the petals, curling and pinching the top ones upward and the bottom ones downward.

Here is a close up.


So glad that you stopped by to have a peek at my challenge entry. Happy Crafting everyone!






TOOLS & SUPPLIES


PAPER: PTI - Raspberry Fizz Patterned, Linen Patterned, Raspberry Fizz, & Linen
INKS: PTI - Raspberry Fizz, Versa Mark
White embossing powder (leaves)
STAMPS: PTI - Turn A New Leaf, & Birthday Bash Sentiments
DIES: PTI Turning A New Leaf, Beautiful Blooms II #1, Spellbinders Lacey Circles, Standard Circles

4 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Sabrina! Love the white embossed foliage and your beautiful homemade bloom! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Sue Lelli said...

Sabrina, LOVE how you inked the edges on your PRETTY flower! Lovely card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Pauline said...

Oh so pretty! What a beautiful bloom!
Thanks for joining us at CR84Fn this week!

Deborah Frings said...

What a beautifully elegant clean and simple design! I do like the pretty flower! Thanks so much for joining in with CR84FN this week!