Happy Birthday Claire - ColourQ 142 & Deconstructed Sketch 57

I said that I might do some crafting with Dana while visiting her in Calgary, and today we did! It was just like old times when I was living in Calgary. Except this time we worked at Dana's home rather than mine. It was so much fun to craft together again!!

The challenges we decided to use in our creation are ColourQ 142 & the Deconstructed Sketch 57. I didn't try to do anything different with the interpretation of the sketch and did a very literal  copy of it in the making of a birthday card for my granddaughter who is turning five, loves sparkle and unique colour combinations. Dana added an extra challenge for me- not to use a lot of layers and a lot less poping up of layers. The only thing I popped up is the oval base for the butterflies.


For the leaves, I second stamped them so that it wouldn't be too dark, or as dark as the butterflies. on the inside, I did something I've always wanted to try after seeing this idea several times on other blogs. A spiral pop up! And since Dana had the die to do it with, I could. Here is a close up of the inside of the card.


I know that Claire will love these little butterflies when she opens this card.

Thank you for coming by to take a peek at my submission for these challenges. I'll be back in Victoria come the 29th, and will need to get to work immediately to prepare for several classes scheduled for July, and plan for several more come August and September! No time to rest when I get back, just work,work, work. But then who could really call paper crafting work. Hee hee...



TOOLS & MATERIALS

Cuttlebug Folder: Birds & Swirls
Dies: Spellbinders Label One & Petite Ovals, MFT Rolled Flower, PTI Butterfly Dreams
Stamps: PTI Birthday Basics, Butterfly Dreams, & Turning  a New Leaf
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Peacock Feathers
Star Dust Stickles

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sure Claire is going to love her card. Perfect colors for a little girl. And then you added sparkle and butterflies..so pretty. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Tracey McNeely said...

What fabulous card, love the interactive element.

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Sabrina, love the butterflies! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing your card.