Christmas in July Series - Part 1a - Scrapbook Parade Class

How quickly times flies by! Has it already been six months since Christmas? That means there are only six months left till Christmas! So for us crafters, we begin to once again think about our favorite time of year, and we need to plan ahead. So this is the first Christmas card class for Scrapbook Parade's Christmas in July series of classes. And since we haven't posted much lately, and because I'll be away for a week visiting Dana in Calgary, I decided to break up this post into four, one for each of the cards in the first class of this series. This is the set we'll be working on.

And this is the first card I'll share the details of, with you.


I love doing this background technique where you ink your embossing folder and then emboss as usual. I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Antique Linen with a cream cardstock. The result is so subtle, but effective. especially with the gold foil cardstock.

Next is a close up of the chipboard angel. I inked the entire angel with VersaMark and heat embossed it with a white embossing powder, which to me looks more cream than white. I then applied Stardust Stickles onto the wings, mounting the angel onto a gold foil Spellbinder Petite Oval with a pop-dot when dry.


Next, the sentiment. This is one that Dana gave to me when I left Calgary. I know it is PTI, but I couldn't tell you what set it came from. I heat embossed it with gold, and used four little brads in the corners, popping it up.

Here is the side view.


That's it for this card. Thank you for stopping by, and be sure to stop in again tomorrow for the details of one of the three remaining cards from this class.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I love the embossed background and that gold ribbon! ;o)