Late in the Day, Mother's Day Posting


Being busy with classes lately, had me making my Mom's Mother's Day card at 6:00am this morning to be ready to catch the 8:02am bus for a 1 1/2 hour ride to my parents home. After a 15 minute ride I transfer buses. The usual 10 Minute wait turned into a wait lasting 1 hour and 18 minutes!! My Dad was to pick me up at 9:30am and then we'd all go to church and afterward have a nice meal cooked by my retired chef Dad, and spend the day together. I didn't get to the station for pick up until 10:30am when church had started at 10:00am. Through the kindness and generosity of a young woman waiting for the same bus, I was able to contact my Mom twice to let her know my status. It tured out that the driver didn't show up for his shift!

Well I finally made it and we had a very nice day together,

The following is the card I threw together for my Mom. She doesn't like a lot of stuff on cards and loves beautiful paper. A good thing considering the time I had to throw it together.


I backed the beautiful paper with gold foil cardstock, embossed the sentiment with gold onto vellum, and used the leftover piece of the floral paper inside. I wasn't too happy with the stamping. Because of my idea to wrap the vellum strip around the floral paper I wanted to have the sentiment in a long one. However, the "Happy" I believe was meant to be over the "Mother's Day" and not beside it. So, it looks a little off.

Here's the inside.
 

You'll see that I carried the gold embossing to the interior as well. So that's it for my Mom's CAS card and my Mother's Day adventure.

I hope that you all had a very lovely Mother's Day. Here in Victoria we had a balmy day with plenty of sunshine.

Thank you for stopping by. Happy crafting everyone!

1 comment: