February VT Handout - Guarding the Hearth Tin Box Booklet


I forgot to post this earlier in the month!

It's time for another Visiting Teaching handout. These are made from tins that I just had to keep because I knew I could use them for something. You'll never guess where they came from. About three years ago my migraines were getting bad and the usual over the counter meds where no longer helping. The Dr put me on meds that came these adorable little tins that measure 2 5/8" X 3 1/2" X 1/2".

Of course February being the month of Valentines, the booklet boxes are in red and white with a blue accent and some hearts. Here they are!




Now, in case you're wondering about all those tiny little flowers...I didn't cut them for this project. I save them from my punches and Spellbinder pieces that are not part of the piece created. The tiny ones like these I keep in small ziplocs, and each shape has it's on bag.

Well, this was a fun little project to make and was well received. I think I should have taken photos with each step in the production, then you'd be able to see how I did it. I get so much into making my projects that I don't think about doing it. I'll have to try harder.

Thank you for stopping by and checking us out. Be sure to stop by Thursday for the Colour Create Challenge #91 and see what colours Mina chose for the next challenge. Oh, and check out the March prize, too.

Happy crafting!



2 comments:

Tigriswillreign said...

These are lovely!

Unknown said...

What a great way to recycle the tins! Great project!