Moxie Fab and Play Date Cafe Challenges

After so  long, I'm having so much fun. I've been checking out my bookmarks for favorite challenge blogs and am in the mood to wish I could participate in them all! Dana opted to go with the Moxie Fab Square Card Challenge, and I love her entry! I have so much fun seeing what everyone does with the very same sketch. But, for me, I decided upon the Vertical Challenge you see to the left, and to really go vertical with a tall card that fits into a business sized envelope..

This is my entry for the Moxie Fab Vertical Sketch Challenge combined with The Play Date Cafe Color Challenge of white and black with a hint of red.

I wanted to have one color be more dominate and it took me a while to try and visualize various scenarios and come up with a plan. There were so many ideas floating around in my head it took time for me to decide upon the best approach. I could use black as the base color with a little white and the touch of red, but in the end I felt white would be the best color to serve as the base color in creating the best balance with a bit of black and red.  Perhaps it was the inspirational photo that helped to make that final decision.

It may a little difficult to see in the photo that the black pop up strip on the card is embossed. I used Cuttlebug's  Kassie's Brocade embossing folder for this.

The touch of red on my card are the three ribbon strips adhered on top of the white with black pin stripes paper. I added the stamped and black heat embossed pattern at the bottom. The sentiment is black heat embossed as well.

I couldn't just leave it at that; it didn't quite seem completed at that point. That's when I added the three white buttons.

Since returning to Victoria after a 30 year absence, many people I knew growing up here are so much older and with Victoria as the Seniors capital, it never hurts to have a few sympathy cards on hand as these things often happen expectantly.

Thank you for stopping in to check out my challenge entry and leaving a comment. I checked out many of the other entries, and they're great!





Tools & Supplies

Stamps: Heidi Swapp Clear Stamps - Swirl; PTI - Botanical Silhouettes
Embossing Folders: Cuttlebug - Kassie's Brocade

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Gorgeous CAS design Sabrina!

Jinny Newlin said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card, Sabrina! LOVE those little, buttoned banners! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

So elegant and pretty.

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, what a gorgeously elegant card! Love the flourish at the bottom and the lovely splash of red! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Sympathy cards are super hard for me--this is a great sketch and color combo! Totally casing this;) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Sabrina! Thanks for linking this up to the Vertical Sketch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Tigriswillreign said...

Did you see you got honorable mention for this at PDC?