18! Big Birthday Wishes

A big card for a big birthday! In Alberta, 18 means your "of age." You can vote, smoke, drink or join the military, if you're of a mind to do any of the above. So my former co-worker wanted something special for her son's bday.


I laugh when I see this card because my former coworker couldn't stop gushing about how "pretty" it was. I said that it had better not be pretty... I'd worked so hard to get it looking grungy! Any mistakes I made, I made work. I did forget to pull out my Grunge Me set which I had been quite excited to do... This is what happens when I'm in too big of a hurry.

Since I wasn't completely thrilled with this card, I redid it.


Guess it'll be a really big birthday!

Anyone notice my watermarks? lol! On the first pic it says glimmercraft.blospot.com... Whoops! On the second pic, it says glimmermist.blogspot.com... Sheesh!


{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}

Card 1
  • Cardstock: Fine Linen, New Leaf, Harvest Gold, browny-colored (Recollections)
  • Patterned Paper: I'm too lazy to go check but it's not Papertrey... ;)
  • Stamps: Birthday Bash Sentiments
  • Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko), Rusty Hinge, Fired Brick and Walnut Stain Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Ranger)
  • Die: Grommet Tags and Grand Square Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
  • Fibers: ribbon and twine (Jillibean Soup)
  • Other Tools: eyelets/Big Bite (We R Memory Keepers), Cricut and Base Camp cartridge (Provo Craft)
Card 2
  • Cardstock: Fine Linen, Harvest Gold
  • Patterned Paper: Argyle Socks
  • Stamps: Birthday Bash Sentiments, My Father My Hero
  • Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko), Frayed Burlap Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Ranger)
  • Die: Grommet Tags and Grand Square Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
  • Fibers: ribbon and twine (Jillibean Soup), denim (Costco jeans ;) )
  • Other Tools: eyelets/Big Bite (We R Memory Keepers), Cricut and Base Camp cartridge (Provo Craft), sewing machine/thread

    3 comments:

    Krista said...

    LOVE them both! not sure which color scheme i like better! and i really like the punch that the oversize numbers deliver!

    sarahw said...

    They are both great! I think I like the blue one a tinsy bit more. :)

    The Mama Monkey said...

    Oh Dana, these are both amazing!! LOVE the layout and colors on both of these!!