Papertrey Ink Blog Hop: A True Friend is You Friend

I am constantly reminded how grateful I am for my friends!


This is an unusual color combo for me but I would def use this card base idea in the future! This is my first time using my Garden of Life and Fillable Frame #11 stamp sets. I've also never used anything out of Beyond Basic Borders other then the main tree-like image.

First, I heat embossed the flower swirls (Garden of Life) with Kaleidoscope embossing powder, which gives them that glittery look. Then I stamped the solid flowers with Versamark Dazzle: Frost ink.

Considering that I distress inked (Peeled Paint) the Simply Chartreuse strip (stamped with Beyond Basic Borders), I should have distress inked the Plum Pudding card base as well. Oh well.

The Mat Stack 4 layer was die cut on Dark Chocolate cardstock and then "sugared" using a Xyron and glitter. The Fillable Frame #11 is Summer Sunrise cardstock stamped with Terracotta Tile ink. The sentiment is Dark Chocolate ink.


{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Plum Pudding, Simply Chartreuse, Dark Chocolate, Summer Sunrise
  • Stamps: Fillable Frames #11, Beyond Basic Borders, Garden of Life
  • Ink: Versamark, Versamark Dazzle: Frost (both Tsukineko), Peeled Paint (Tim Holtz Distress Ink), Dark Chocolate, Terracotta Tile
  • Dies: Mat Stack 4, Fillable Frame #11
  • Other Tools: glitter (Prisma), Kaleidoscope embossing powder (Stampendous), Xyron

16 comments:

Amy said...

Great card! Love that background and all the glitter!

Debra said...

OOOHHHHH glitter....sparkly stuff......love the bling!!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Very pretty, love the glitter!

Nerina said...

Your background stamping on this is absolutely DELICIOUS!! I *really do* have to try that!! Feeling pretty inspired here - thank you!

Kay D said...

So pretty, I REALLY love that glittery mat stack die!

Jen Carter said...

Look at all of that glitter! TOO fun!!

Anonymous said...

and who says its not all about the glitter? LOL!
super cute!

Unknown said...

Oh no, you didn't need to distress ink the plum pudding - it adds a lot to your accent piece! Great job using so many of your unused stamps on one card! And I love the wild color combo with the glitter - fun!

ChristineCreations said...

A lovely magical feel with all the pretty glittery touches!

Amy Kolling said...

Love all the glittery goodness! Gives me an idea to get out my Garden of Life set!

Stephanie said...

Oh how I just loveeeeeeeeeeee glitter!!! This works wonderfully with it.......Love the Mat Stack covered in it!!!

Christina said...

Look at all that yummy glitter! Such a fun color combo, Dana. Thanks for sharing!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Oooh, love all the glitter!

Chris L.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Very Pretty! Love the color combo and all the glitter!

Linda Suarez said...

Pretty card! Love all the glitter!

Taheerah said...

Lovely glittery card!