Big Birthday Wishes


I may have the opportunity to Photoshop this pic later...

This card was for my boss's bday. I have a recommendation if you're doing a frame like this... Cut a large square (use Grand Nestabilities or trace something if you have to!) and then cut a smaller square out of it (as I did on the mat layer). Then make your corner cuts, stamp, reassemble and pop up over your mat. The way I did it made it very difficult to piece it together symmetrically...

Anyway, I used Vintage Cream ink with Background Basics: Woodgrain stamps on Dark Chocolate cardstock. The "mat" within the frame was done on Kraft cardstock using Square Nestabilities. The sentiment (Birthday Bash Sentiments) was heat embossed clear over Dark Chocolate ink on Vintage Cream cardstock. The square card base is Enchanted Evening.

That's pretty much it! Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Merry said...

What a fantastic card...love the frame idea.

Karen B. said...

Super frame idea! This would have been perfect for the latest submission requests for Papercrafts! Great man card.

Lynn said...

Dana, love this...it looks so dimensional...I'm with Karen...should have submitted this to PaperCrafts!