Hive Creative Challenge: Autumn (3)

Another card for the Hive Creative Challenge here. I don't think Fall cards are very practical, except in an artistic sense, but I suppose they would work for Thinking of You cards or some such all occasion thing.


I started with an Orange Zest card base which I distress inked on the edges with Rusty Hinge (Tim Holtz).

I embossed the Grace's Frame Cuttlebug folder on Dark Chocolate cardstock and cut it out around the edges. Using a craft knife and a ruler (for the straight parts), I cut out the unembossed center of the frame.

I cut out a piece of Summer Sunrise cardstock to fit beneath the frame, distress inked the edges with Wild Honey (Tim Holtz) and then embossed it with D'vine Swirls. Using a clear Spica pen, I went around the embossed ridges of the swirls (difficult to see in the picture). I adhered it to the back of the frame with plain ol' Scotch tape.

For the sentiment, I die cut and embossed kraft cardstock with a Deckled Mega Rectangle die (Spellbinders) and distress inked the edges with the Rusty Hinge. Using Versamark ink and clear embossing powder, I stamped and heat set the sentiment. Using a Xyron, I adhered the sentiment to the mat.

For the "flower," I arranged some fabric maple leave and punched a hole in the center with my Big Bite (more difficult than it sounds!). I inserted a fall-themed brad through the hole and clamped in place. Using a hot glue gun, I adhered it to the assembled mat and then adhered the whole mat to the card at an angle.

I used the A2 Envelope Liner die and Autumn Abundance patterned paper to finish off the kraft envelope.

{Supplies--all PTI unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate, kraft (unknown brand)
  • Patterned Paper: Autumn Abundance
  • Stamps: Autumn Flower (Stampendous!)
  • Ink: Versamark (Tsukineko), Rusty Hinge (Tim Holtz Distress Ink), Wild Honey (Tim Holtz Distress Ink)
  • Dies: Deckled Mega Rectangles - lg (Spellbinders), A2 Envelope Liner
  • Embossing Folders (all Cuttlebug/Provo Craft): Grace's Frame, D'vine Swirls
  • Other: fabric maple leaves (Hot Off the Press), clear Spica (Atyou), brad (unknown - dollar store)

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

I really like how this card turned out you did a nice job :)