Happy Birthday Grandma

I made a set of cards from Lavender Moon cardstock for a coworker, giving her the option of which she preferred. I couldn't find the camera in time to get a pic of both, to my regret, though they were somewhat similar.

Inspired by the stitched top on the first CARD of Nichole's post here, I finally pulled out Year of Flowers: Violets and played with some embossing powder: clear on this one, white on my other one.

After cutting out the Plum Pudding flowers, I used a technique I learned about on Maile's site, color with copics that are similar. I actually just used W1 (a warm gray) to color the outer petals and then V99 (a dark violet) on the outermost edges. (On the smaller flower, I only did the W1 on the outermost edges.) The leaves are stamped in Versamark and cut out.

The flower centers are colored with Buttermilk Spica. The large flower has 3 adhesive pearls and is popped up from the card.
The sentiment is from Delightful Dahlia and is embossed in white. Retrospectively, and on the advice of my husband!, it's too light. Oh well. The flourishes are done in Versamark Dazzle.

The envelope (PTI's Rustic White A2) is lined with Pretty Pastels.

{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted}
  • Cardstock: Lavender Moon, Plum Pudding, Spring Moss
  • Patterned Paper: Pretty Pastels
  • Stamps: Year of Flowers, Violets, Delightful Dahlia, Fancy Flourishes
  • Ink: Versamark, Versamark Dazzle-Frost
  • Other tools: Copics (W1,V99), sewing machine, A2 Envelope Liner die

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Dana, You did a great job on the flowers! I love how it turned out. Maybe, you can make another one with the white embossing to post. Would love to see that too.