Well Wishing Set

When I saw this paper, I immediately pictured a tall card. When I pulled it out at home, I also pictured a scrapbooking page so I may have to go back and get another sheet. ;)

This set is the first of, hopefully, many that I plan on offering for sale (see our For Sale page). It has sort of a country charm feel to it and while it isn't to my usual taste, I'm pleased with it. I must be diversifying!

The first one is extraordinarily tall and I had to make a custom envelope for it. Actually, I had to make custom envelopes for all of them because they were all unusual sizes. ;) The card interiors are all blank.

Aside from cutting out the flowers and matting them, I went around each of the petals with a Sakura stardust glitter pen. I fussed incessantly with the sheer ribbon to make that bow! I'm not the crafter my mother is! ;)

I tried a couple of ideas for this card but only had to renovate this card once! The only change I would potentially make would be to thread some white embroidery floss in the button holes.

This card was supposed to turn out completely different but when I saw this Cuttlebug die I had yet to use, my ideas changed. I used a Xyron to get those fine little flowers adhered to the card. Gotta love those sticker makers! I definitely wish that I had embossed the Enchanted Evening cardstock in the background but c'est la vie!

{Supplies}
  • Patterned paper: Upsy Daisy Designs - A New Day (Dream and Faith)
  • Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Enchanted Evening and Stamper's Select
  • Stamp sets: Papertrey Ink - Big & Bold Wishes and Asian Fusion
  • Ribbon: Dollar Store (sheer) and Papertrey Ink - Enchanted Evening grosgrain
  • Buttons: Papertrey Ink - Enchanted Evening and Spring Rain
  • Other tools: Sakura stardust glitter pen, Cuttlebug die (Poppies) and We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper (1/2")

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Doesn't Upsy Daisy have the BEST papers?! I also love that they're local (Victoria, where I live).