Color Cue #2 Challenge: Sabrina

Not long ago I participated in my first challenge and had so much fun that I decided to try participating in another one. I came across the Color Cue #2 Challenge which you can find here! Teal, Bright Pink, Light Yellow, and White are the colours we are asked to create with for this challenge.
I spent a lot of time searching for the colours and had to go with a darker version of the teal colour for the challenge. I found it a challenge to work with four colours and for some reason felt that I needed to have at leat one paper that tied all the colours together. Well, I didn't have one, but came across the patterned paper I used here and decided to use Copics to add the pink and yellow to it.
The only problem is that by the time I finished the card, I wasn't crazy about the result. You know, it was one of those ideas that looked better in your mind than when completed. I wonder if I had made the embossed circles under the buttons larger, it might have looked better; or maybe change the order/focus of colours. I'm thinking that I'll create another one to enter, but between teaching a couple of classes and Easter between the making of this card and the challenge deadline, I haven't the time to make another card. So, I decided to enter this one anyway. If I have time on Wednesday the 7th, I'll try to enter a better one before the deadline.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I really like what you did with the paper! What a great idea. Matting the buttons with circles is a nice touch as well, I will be trying that one soon.

Thanks for playing along with us!

Elise said...

What an interesting composition and fantastic use of Dawn's colors! I'm delighted that you are jumping into the challenge game ~ you are off to a wonderful start! I love your paper choice and gorgeous embellishments: fabulous work!