New Baby Sister & Me

It is hard to believe that 21 1/2 years have gone by since this photo was taken. My eldest son is 9 here, happily holding his newest baby sister who is about 2 weeks old. She is now 21 1/2 years old and a welder. I would never have imagined at the time this photo was taken that she would choose welding as her career.
Well, lets get to what tools and techniques I used in the making of this page. I used the Lyrical Letter catridge for the page title going around their edge with a sparkly Red SPica pen; Heritage cartridge (two of the charms) for the photo frame piercing and connecting the holes with a white Gel Pen to create the sewn on effect; Home Decor cartridge for the red and blue paper flourishes. These I pierced holes and connected the holes with a white Gel Pen to make it look like they were sewn on just as I did with the frame. I used Fiskars Apron Lace border punch, EK Success border punch placed at the bottom of the page, and the Cuttlebug dies to cut the paper and vellum flowers and leaves. On the leaves I used the side of my paper piercer to carefully etch veins onto them. I layered the flowers using buttons and red pearls in the centers.
I then used Red and Pewter Liquid Pearl; the pewter for the pearl like flourishes, and the red for the pearl rectangle.

No comments: