Happy Anniversary

Even though this card isn't my sister's style, I couldn't resist making a vintage card with my scraps for her anniversary. The one thing I kept in mind was weight and bulk considerations for mailing.

After cutting a square card out of kraft cardstock, I inked the edges of the green crackle patterned paper background and then inked around a Tim Holtz mask. I should have used the same color ink for both jobs and should probably have done the mask before the outer edges but because that ink was too light, you can't tell. I adhered the back strip and then created the embellishments by a sort of trial and error process. I used a Spellbinders Circle Nestabilities to cut out and emboss that funky pattern from scrap paper. I then pierced two holes in it so that it resembled a button in the center. I then placed an epoxy sticker over the center and pierced it over the paper holes. (Don't try and do both in one step... It rips the paper in the back and looks messy!) I then threaded rustic jute button twine through the holes and attached it to my card. I tried to get it sort of frayed in the center of the embellishments for effect. I was quite pleased with the results!

I then stamped the sentiment (Mega Mixed Messages) using Versamagic Dewdrop in Gingerbread and embossed with clear powder. The flourish (as well as the stamps on the interior of the card) is from a new company called WPlus9 and was added at the end in the same ink but I was unable to emboss it. I'm fine with this as the sentiment is what counts! I roughened the edges of the paper strip with my Tim Holtz paper distresser tool.

As I mentioned before, the interior of the card was stamped with one of my new stamp sets from WPlus9 called Just a Note. My sister and I are both musical and so this set was just too perfect to resist! I stamped the sentiment and main image in Brilliance Dewdrop Pearlescent Chocolate and then used my watermark pad (Versamark) to stamp some random musical notes. I love it!

And, of course, I made my own envelope using the Scor-Pal.

1 comment:

Bev Gerard said...

Love your wonderful masked flourish! Don't worry that it isn't her "style" ... she will know that you made this especially for them!

~Bev