Birthday Wishes

My dad's birthday is very close to Father's Day, so when making his Father's Day card, I also had to make his birthday card. This looks like a simple card, but looks can be decieving. The large embellishment I made myself. If you take a look at the paper in the background, you will see where I cut the intricate embellishment from.
There are four layers of UTTI on it. I also cut out another layer by cutting a circle from the pattern. I cut a slightly smaller circle from biege paper and stamped a circular boarder around the edge as well as the sentiment. I put three layers of UTTI on this circle and mounted it onto the cut out circle. This was pop-dotted onto the larger piece. Creating this embellishment took me a little over two hours, but was well worth the effort. A labour of love.

The Cuttlebug folder I used - Checkeredboard.

Over all, this card is well suited for a man turning 77. I hope my Dad will love it.

2 comments:

BettyBee said...

Sabrina, I think this is a magnificent card! It is truly elegant for a man, and you did a wonderful job on the crackled glass element for the center. I don't remember ever seeing the checkerboard Cuttleboard folder, and I really like it! Congrats! Thanks for being part of the Cuttlebug Challenge.
BettyBee

Tigriswillreign said...

This is an exclusive Cuttlebug folder from Oh My Crafts. I don't know what the actual name of this folder is, though.