Home Sweet Home

This card is for my sis-in-law and her husband who recently moved into their first home!





I thought that if they wanted, they could take this card and stick it in a cheap frame and put it in their foyer or something. It's a bunch of 3-D fun!

First, I stitched 'sweet' using letters from Bazzill's In Stitchz in kraft cardstock (which I matted onto a dark brown cardstock). The 'HOME' letters are from the Storybook Cricut cartridge, the clouds are from the Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge and the grass is from the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge. The sun was a couple of pre-cuts that my mom gave me eons ago.

In order to color the letters, I left them on the cutting mat and used Sugared Almond Pink (RV02) and Fuschia (RV09) copics. I used the same method to color the 2 strips of grass, only with Grass Green (YG17) and Chartreuse (YG13) copics.

The front cloud is popped up with foam tape. The front grass strip is popped up with a double strip of foam tape in consideration of the depth of the clothespin flowers (thank you, Stef!) that I clipped on at the end.

No comments: